First, congratulations on your engagement! Although it’s masses of fun, planning a wedding is a huge task. You’ll have plenty to think about in the coming weeks and months! I believe choosing your glam squad is just as important as picking the right photographer, so here are a few hints and tips to help you book the very best Wedding Hairstylist and Makeup Artist…
- Recommendations are always a good place to start. Have you been to a wedding and admired the bride’s hair? Did you fall in love with her lippy or lashes? Ask them who they used and get in touch!
- The best of the bunch will be in high demand, so don’t waste any time when it comes to booking. Even if your wedding is a year away, pay that deposit ASAP.
- To save on travel fees, you can look for local suppliers near your venue. However, don’t feel you have to settle for someone nearby if they’re not up to scratch. Like many wedding suppliers, I’m more than happy to travel throughout the UK and abroad.
- If you have a large bridal party, I strongly advise booking a separate Hairstylist and Makeup Artist. This will save time on the day as more than one person can be getting ready at the same time.
- If your budget doesn’t stretch to having both hair and makeup done professionally, consider booking yourself a one-to-one makeup lesson.
- Committing to a stylist can be a little daunting when you haven’t met them, so organising a phone call or chat in person is a good way to get a feel for them and see if you connect. They’ll be spending a few hours with you on the morning of your wedding which is quite a special time, so you want to make sure they’ll gel with you and the rest of your girl gang.
You can read more about my Wedding Hair and Makeup services here. Consultations are always free, so do get in touch!